Go to WDVA Home Page

Veterans Service Offices

County Veterans Service Offices | Tribal Coordinator | Tribal VSO's | Veterans' School Certifying Officials
Veterans Employment Representatives | Veterans Service Organizations | WDVA Claims


County Veterans Service Offices

Your County Veterans Service Office (CVSO) provides information and assistance in obtaining state and federal veterans benefits, programs and services.

Visit the County Veterans Service Officers Association of Wisconsin website to locate your CVSO.

Return to top of page

Veterans' School Certifying Officials for Wisconsin Education and Training Programs

The three links below provide contact information for School Certifying Officials (SCO) for most Wisconsin schools and training programs that have been approved for the federal GI Bill and state veterans’ education programs. The first two links provide School Certifying Officials at all University of Wisconsin System and Wisconsin Technical College System campuses. The third link goes to the federal VA’s website for Wisconsin education and training institutions approved for federal benefits. This will include public and private schools as well as other training organizations approved by the VA for benefits. SCOs assist veterans and other eligible persons with federal and state veterans' education and other benefits and programs.

Contact information lists for School Certifying Officials:

Return to top of page

Veterans Employment Representatives

The Department of Labor's Veterans' Employment and Training Service (VETS) program makes employment assistance available to all Wisconsin veterans in local one-stop job centers. The Disabled Veterans' Outreach Program (DVOP) and Local Veterans Employment Representatives (LVER) are the two primary programs providing employment and training services to eligible veterans.

Veterans Representatives (DVOPs or LVERs) provide the latest information on local labor markets. They offer workshops and guidance on resume writing, job interviewing skills, and job seeking skills. They also identify training and education needs. They can help veterans make career choices by assessing aptitudes, interests, and abilities through the use of aptitude tests and career counseling.

Locate a Veterans Employment Representative at your local Wisconsin Job Center by calling toll-free 1-888-258-9966 or viewing the online staff directory.

Return to top of page

Veterans Service Organizations

These Veterans Service Organizations can also assist veterans who wish to submit applications for claims and benefits from the federal VA.

Return to top of page

WDVA Claims Office

The WDVA Claims Office can help Wisconsin veterans and their families obtain federal benefits and services from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). For additional information visit the Claims Office webpage.

WDVA Claims Office
c/o VA Regional Office
5400 W. National Ave., Room 157
Milwaukee, WI  53214
Telephone: (414) 902-5757